Canada's Law on Spam and Other Electronic Threats
No endorsement of any products or services is expressed or implied.
The sections that deal with the private right of action, meant to come into force in July 2017, have been suspended. Learn more…
Be aware of recent warnings and notices from the agencies responsible for enforcing Canada's Anti-Spam Law.
- Remarks at the IAPP Canada Privacy Symposium 2018 – May 24, 2018
- Enforcement Advisory - Notice for businesses and individuals on how to keep records of consent – July 27, 2016
- Beware of emails and calls claiming to represent the CRA – November 10, 2015
Be aware of recent actions taken by the agencies responsible for enforcing Canada's Anti-Spam Law.
- CRTC issues $250,000 in penalties to combat malicious online advertising – July 11, 2018
- Undertaking: 9118-9076 QUÉBEC INC. and 9310-6359 QUÉBEC INC. (514-BILLETS) – March 15, 2018
- Undertaking: ANCESTRY IRELAND UNLIMITED COMPANY (Ancestry) – January 24, 2018
- Date modified: