Technical and Administrative Frequency Lists (TAFL)
Help the Government of Canada organize its website!
Complete an anonymous 5-minute questionnaire. Start now.
- Pending frequencies are not authorized assignments and are subject to being changed prior to final authorization. Pending frequencies are listed as Frequency Status "0".
- On January 19, 2008, Industry Canada migrated all radio station licences and broadcast certificates to the NAD-83 standard. All reports and files produced by the Department after that date follow this standard.
- These Canadian frequency lists use the metric system. Therefore all linear measurements, for example, are expressed in metres or kilometres. All geographical coordinates are in the NAD-83 standard.
- Information on the frequency assignments to the Department of National Defence or to our security agencies, is not included in the lists. These exclusions represent approximately 6% of the lists.
- All compressed data files (.zip) must be decompressed after having been downloaded before attempting to view or use the data. Additional instructions are provided in the Help page.
- Previous and current changes made to the frequency data files are detailed in the Update to the List page.
- Most of the data files are updated every month. The date of the last update of each data file is indicated in red characters YYYY/MM/DD.
- ON-LINE searches of TAFL are available at the Spectrum Direct web site.
Frequency Assignment Data Files
- Date modified: